It's Christmas time! This year we went to the Christmas Parade/Breakfast with Santa again in downtown Atlanta. It was a really cold day again! This year we went with my brother Terry, his wife Anne, and Reese's cousin Oliver as well as our friends Mark and Catherine with their daughter Caroline. It was really fun.
The pictures below are us preparing for Christmas. This year we made Christmas cookies with Catherine and Caroline and we made gingerbread houses with our neighbor Brandee and her son Avery. Reese really enjoyed making the gingerbread house, but alas not much of it was eaten!
I also included a picture of her seeing Santa again at our MOMS Club cookies with Santa event.

Reese's dance class did a really cute special dance of the 12 days of Christmas for all the parents who came before the Christmas break. There is also a picture of her and her friend Ella dancing at class (Reese is facing the camera). We had a wonderful Christmas in our new home. On Christmas Eve I picked up my brother Jason and his wife Kelly who flew in from Seattle and we had a great Christmas eve dinner with my parents, Jason and Kelly. Reese was really excited to leave the cookies out for Santa this year and I am sure that Santa devoured every one of the cookies she left!
The little house with the green roof is the house that Rob and I spent a couple of days putting together. It was her "big" gift this year. We left it in the garage since it was going to rain again on Christmas (it has been raining in Ga since Sept). When we showed it to her, she walked up to it very hesitantly and then said "hey, you need to turn on the light"....too funny!! She received a wonderful art easel from her grammy and grandpa. We went over to my parents house where my whole family had gathered for Christmas dinner. I think this might have been the first time in about 5 years that we have all been together. My parents remodeled my old doll house (my grandpa made it for me when I was 5 1/2) and gave it to Reese for Christmas. It was a wonderful Christmas and likely one I won't forget for a very long time!


No comments:
Post a Comment