Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jan-Mar


After we returned from New York in January we moved in with my parents (they live 3 miles down the road). They had two extra bedrooms so we were able to still have Reese in her own room. The reason that we moved out of our apartment is because our kitchen became infested with ants and our new townhouse would not be ready until the first weekend in March. That meant that we had 6 weeks that we could stay in this place that reeked of pesticides or live with my parents. This is just one of many, many reasons for my absence from the blog-I really felt kind of absent all the way around!

My grandmother was also living with my parents at the time so it was a wonderful opportunity for Reese to be able to get to know her great Nana Marie. They would play tea parties in nana Marie's room and sit on the bed together and watch TV. They were so cute together. Reese also loved having two new pets-my parents have a lab named Claire and nana Marie has a small dog named Charlie. Reese loved taking them for walks and playing with Charlie. We only had one toy casualty-Claire ate Maria (a toy that came with her Dora playground). She still talks about it. I know that I shouldn't laugh, but we were at the movie store the other day and there was a picture of Dora and these two babies (we named them Esteban and Maria when they came with the playset) and Reese saw it and said-Look Mom, it's Maria. Then she reminded me that Maria is no longer because Claire ate her.

In February Reese went to the Circus for the first time with her grandparents and her two older cousins Hudson and Sam. She had a wonderful time and the kids had a great sleepover too! She loves being with her cousins.

We had a pretty good snowfall on March 1. I was really lucky to get home. I went to NYC for a night (to hang with my mates) and fortunately something woke me up at 6 am and I decided to look at the flights for the day. I knew there was going to be snow in NY that day, but I had no idea that ATL was going to get snow. When I logged onto the computer I saw that all the flights after noon from NYC to ATL were cancelled so I asked me girlfriends to take me to the airport. The ATL airport was a complete mess by the time we landed so I was grateful that I got in when I did. When I arrived at my parents house we put on our ski gear and went to play in the snow. It wasn't nice fluffy white powder which is what I prefer, but it was great snowman building snow! Reese loved it....just so thankful that she didn't mind wearing all the gear b/c I really want to take her skiing sometime soon!!

The pictures at the top of the screen are from her valentine's day party at school which her great Nana Marie and nana were both able to attend! She loved it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carrie Vitale said...

Love all the pics! So glad you are settled now in your new place!

Kristi said...

Love all the updates! Great pics!! I really need to figure out picasa...for some reason I can't get it to work on my computer??