Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thanksgiving 2008 and pre Christmas Parties

So to start out...I have to give Kristi a thank you so much for helping me out with my blog background. It looks much better don't you think? Now I feel I am getting better skilled at the background and much better at the pictures. Picasa is a dream, but it takes a little too long for me to figure things out sometimes (Kristi, I take back the bad things I said about Picasa if this post turns out great!). So I am almost up to date and if things go this smoothly from now on we should be at least blogging about the current month! I was off in November so we were home for Thanksgiving. We went to my brother Joel's house and once again my sister in law Sharon made a wonderful dinner. We usually bring side items so that one person isn't making the whole thing. I brought a corn casserole (so yummy-Jessica's recipe) and a pear/apple tart. Delicious. Reese had a wonderful time with her cousins Hudson, Sam, and Oliver. They sat at their own children's table!!! Reese also received an apron and hat from her friend Isabella (Isabella's mommy knew that Santa was bringing Reese a kitchen for Christmas) and that is a picture of her chef outfit. Also the picture on the rocking horse was taken when we were taking photos of Reese for her Christmas picture-just thought I would include it since it was so cute!




These pictures are from the Breakfast with Santa and the Christmas parade in Atlanta. Rob's office hosted a breakfast with Santa and then we had reserved seating to watch the parade. Reese does not mind seeing Santa, but she constantly reminds me that she is not going to sit on his lap-so funny! She loves waving at him and as you can see we convinced her to give him a high five. The little bear stamp was from the breakfast as well....she decided to get the airbrushing on her hand rather than her face. She loved the parade and we attended the parade with her friends Isabella and Caroline and their families. The photo of her shoes with the socks inside is there because everytime we walk in the door from the garage we sit down and take off our shoes by the desk. I always line up our shoes and the day of the parade Reese sat down and took off her socks and shoes, put the socks in the shoes as shown, and lined them up perfectly. Just thought it was pretty funny. The picture of the Christmas tree is at my parents house (yes the same day) and Reese had just finished putting the star on top of their tree....she was so proud of herself!!




These photos are from her MOMS Club Christmas Craft and her daycare Christmas party. At the MOMS club craft we made Christmas wrapping paper and you can see Reese sitting there painting her paper. Her friend Maggie showed all the kids how to paint their hands and then put their handprint on the paper. It was so cute and lots of fun. After the girls were done painting they decided to sit down at the piano in the room....the photo has her friends Maggie and Caroline in it. Her daycare Christmas party was lots of fun. I was able to attend as were many other parents that day. We had lots of goodies to eat, stockings to open (her teachers were very generous), songs to sing, and a book exchange. The book Reese received was "Are you my Mother?" by P.D. Eastman and she loves it. There are two photos of Reese with two of her daycare teachers who are so wonderful.
Also I enclosed another photo with Reese wearing my favorite black slingbacks...I told her when she is older she can wear them on dates too!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carrie Vitale said...

These pics are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a great holiday and are enjoying that precious little Reese!