Saturday, September 13, 2008

Falling in Love all over again

Ok,


So I know that sometimes I really like to complain about my job (well it does get old and I do get lonely without my husband with me), but I have to rave about it today.


I was doing my regular Paris trip and I had in my head that I was actually going to get out of the 15th arrondisement this time! Believe it or not, I have not been very ambitious during my layovers since I returned in March and I have stayed very local! I guess it is hard since I have been to Paris so many times (too many to ever try and count) and from studying there, I feel that I have seen it all (but can that really be possible). Anyway a flight attendant on my trip had suggested going on the Fat Tire Night Bike Tour. This is a very popular tour among crew members, but I have never gone...have always been too tired to wake up in time for the day tour and was just never inclined to do the night tour. Well this time I said yes.

I rode a bike through the streets of Paris the other day and it was the most freeing experience. Yes the roads are crowded, but I couldn't believe the feeling I had....just like being a little kid on a bike. It had been a while since I rode a bike and I loved going down the hills (there aren't too many where we rode) and standing up to go up the hill! We rode from the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame and the Ile St. Louis where we stopped for an ice cream cone. We then rode over to the Louvre passing by the Jardin de Tuileries and then down the right bank to the Eiffel Tower for our boat cruise. We rode around the courtyard of the Louvre which was so amazing and beautiful. It was great just looking at the full moon (well almost full) from a palace that amazing and just thinking how many people had stood in that spot.....surreal.

It was a magical night and I will be forever grateful to my fellow crewmember Barbara for suggesting that I take the tour in the first place. Paris is a city that will always be special to me....even though I have lived there and spent most of my work time there, it is a city that I have vacationed in many times as well. This was just a reminder of why the city is so special and just shows there is still more to do!!!

3 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

Wow! That sounds amazing! You're such the jet setter! I've never even left the country!!!

Kristi said...

That sounds soooo awesome!!!!! I'm officially jealous!! :-) I would love to see pictures! You'll have to tell us more about your trips, I love to hear about them!

Teahousejunkie said...

Your trip sounds so fun! I would love to go back to Paris, and now I know what I can do there. It is SO awesome you are keeping up with your foreign language too!!