Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time moving so fast

So today was a fun day....we went to the Kids Fest here in Peachtree City. We saw many friends-Catherine (Caroline), Jessica (Isabella), Jennifer (Karina), Julia (Maggie), as well as some of Reese's teachers from Royal Learners. Reese rode the little train (was so excited about that!), jumped in the bouncy, and is still talking about the fact that the pony pooped in front of her...of course dad did point it out! It is really great to be able to experience these things through Reese's eyes and to be able to feel like a kid again.

Tonight when I put her to bed we did our little ritual where we cuddle after reading books in the chair and we talk about all the things that we did that day. It used to always be me telling her what we did, then it turned into Reese nodding her head agreeing with everyone that I told her, and now we have come to the part where Reese is talking about what we did. It is so cool to have her really carry on a conversation. I know that people tell you that it goes by so fast, but I do try and pay attention because I know that moments like this won't happen in 10 years! I told her that I wanted to continue our ritual forever and of course she told me yes (that is right now!).

So I am excited that I did get my 2 month leave for October and November...don't know how we will be swinging the Royal Learners payment (to keep her spot), but it will be so nice to be home every night. Especially since October is her birthday month as well as Halloween. Believe it or not, Halloween is the biggest sick day for flight attendants...it is because many of them are mommies and we don't want to miss going with our kids trick or treating! I always wanted it off because it is one of my favorite holidays...and now it is more special with Reese. I can't wait for this year because I think that she will understand the concept a little bit more. I know that I will have to do most of the candy collecting since Reese is at a point where mommy always has to do things first! That is okay though....as this time will pass as well. I was reading in a magazine about how this woman was so tired of always having to hold on to things that her son found while they were outside walking and the article stated that kids give us these things to hold because they trust us to hang on to things they deem precious. That tells me that Reese trusts me to guide her on what to do...such an honor to be a mommy.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

such a sweet post!! I feel a tear coming!! They grow up so fast! Glad you all had fun today!

Carrie Vitale said...

Love this post! Oh so true about time flying by!! We missed you guys today at the Kidz Festival. We saw Julia and Jennifer but missed you all! Glad you had fun!

Maggie Pelton said...

Good thoughts. Sweet perspective on motherhood!