So,
At odds with the job again! Seems like it wasn't going to happen so soon. To update some...I left Delta voluntarily in Jan 2006...was tired of being away (I was always flying the Paris flight-gone about 15 days/month). I got a job as a paralegal at an immigration law firm and absolutely loved it. I got pregnant after starting the job and left their on maternity in Oct 2006 when Reese was born. I left the law firm in Jan 2007 when Rob and I decided that we were going to move south. It was the hardest decision that we ever made. I can still remember crying as we closed the door for the final time on our NYC apartment and our life there. That is why I feel we must go back...it was never time to leave. It is a city that we loved from the beginning...where we met, married, and had our family.
So I stayed home with Reese until Delta called me back in Oct 2007 (I didn't have to start until Mar 2008). It was a voluntary option, but one I thought would be a good one. I enjoyed going back in the beginning, but in May I decided to take the French test again (to fly Paris) and that is where the problems have started. I don't know why, but the Paris layover makes my lonely. I don't mind being on the plane...helping passengers, etc....but I don't want to be anywhere for 24 hours without my husband and now my daughter. I see why the always wanted flight attendants to quit at 35 or when they got married...too hard to be away. I have always said that when we move back to NYC that I will fly turns, but now I am considering trying to go back to the law firm...don't know what to do at this point. I love that I only work 3 days/week versus 5, but I can't keep spending the night away from my family....what is the best solution....guess only soul searching will help.
1 comment:
Ok, all this talk about NYC, makes me sad!! For several reasons: 1) We will hate to see you all leave, it's always sad when friends leave, but I know we can keep in touch via computer! 2) reading the part about you crying as you closed the door, made me cry!! I know that feeling....I cried and cried when we left Baltimore, I wasn't ready to go 3) I miss NYC too!! We would always take the bus up to NY for a day trip. It was great....2 hrs there, drop you off in Times Square, spend the day how you like, back on the bus, 2 hrs home..it was wonderful! 4) Nathan will miss seeing "baby" Reece!!
When the time does come, we'll be sad, but we'll have a wonderful party before you go!!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, I appreciate it!
Post a Comment