Friday, July 18, 2008

July 4th

Ok,


Can't post any pics yet...haven't downloaded them to the computer, but I thought I could at least write and download later! So on the 4th we took the golf cart down to the parade and met up with Corrine, Paul and family. It was a lot of fun. Reese really loved the parade...loved clapping and dancing to the music. We had a lot of fun in the "traffic" too. So funny to have golf cart traffic and to think that we are a large part of the cause considering that we are a slow cart. Rob pulled over multiple times, but I finally told him to stop b/c we would never get home at this rate...when 40 carts are coming -ok a little exaggeration!!!!! sp?

After the parade we came home and had naps (yes all of us!) and then went up to my younger brother Joel's house. We went to the pool in their neighborhood (so fun!) and then ate at their house. We even decided to go out and see the fireworks-Reese loved it. She sat with us and then when she saw all the kids lying down on the blanket watching it (they are 4-7 ages) she decided that she should sit with them...to cute. She wasn't afraid of the noise...so maybe we will try again next year!

The next day, Rob and I left her at my brother's house...they have two boys (4 and 7) who adore Reese and vice versa. Rob and I went to the Motley Crue concert in Charlotte, NC. It was great. I adore Nikki Sixx and was sad that we missed Sixx AM, but Papa Roach was really awesome...glad that we caught that one! It was a festival, but we thought drinking at the hotel bar would be better than sitting at the venue! ha. Buckcherry came on before Motley-and they were awful. Amazed how many people liked them (to each their own!). Anyway....Motley was great...sounded great, awesome set, and loud!

We had a great weekend...will post pics later!

No comments: